Following a successful AGM last week, the BBC has decided to increase the number of events on the tour by including competitions at a number of new bodyboard friendly locations. Portreath and Mawgan Porth have been added to the schedule to bring the itinerary up to 6 events for 2012.
The Auto Sleepers 2012 British Championship Tour will now encompass the following:
Event 1: The Welsh Showdown - May 19/20, back-up 26/27
Event 2: Bodyboard Depot Tolcarne Wedge Airshow – July 7/8 back-up July 21/22
Event 3: The Pit MP Encounter – Aug 25/26/27 – Mawgan Porth
Event 4: Bodyboard HQ Porthtowan Classic including the British Nationals – Sept 22/23 back-up 29/30 – Porthtowan
Event 5: Causeway Coast Surf Festival – Oct 6/7 back-up 20-21 – Portrush, Ireland
Event 6: The Harbour Wall frenzy – Oct 13/14 back-up 27/28 – Portreath
The Tour winners will receive a sponsorship package from the BBC, the Open division £500, DK and Women’s £250. The sponsorship will come in the form of support to compete at an IBA/ISA/ESF international event.
Notes for competitors:
- All events will have Open, DK & Women’s divisions. The Porthtowan event will also host the British Nationals age divisions.
- All events will score a maximum of 500 ranking points; see the BBC website for full points score details.
- Competitors can drop a maximum of their 2 lowest scoring results, so in the event that all 6 events run your top 4 scores will count; if only 4 or 5 events run then the top 3 scores will count.
- An all-surf-twice format will be run where time, conditions and entry numbers allow. Failing which the conventional knock-out format will apply.
- Top 8 finishers in the Open division automatically qualify for next years tour.
- The schedule is subject to amendment depending on conditions and beach permission.
- Eligibility criteria for competing on the Tour can be found on the BBC website.
Sponsorship opportunites are still available for tour Events 1, 3, 5, and 6 as well as divisional sponsorship at the British Nationals. Please contact us for details if you would like to take this opportunity to promote your company in conjunction with us.